The Public Works Department is responsible for the conducting all matters related to construction, management, maintenance and operation of most of the physical properties in the City, including public streets and sidewalks, City sewer and storm water systems, solid waste and wastewater treatment.
The Public Works Department is divided into:
The Public Works Department is responsible for the following:
- Maintain, repair and improve City streets and sidewalks and provide, install and maintain signage advising the public of ordinances effecting passage and parking of vehicles and usage of public ways by pedestrians and vehicles.
- Provide snow removal, sanding, salting and plowing during winter storm conditions.
- Construct, operate, maintain, replace, repair and improve City sewerage collection and storm water drainage systems.
- Administer all activities necessary and appropriate to the operating of the City's landfill and all solid waste matters, including recycling.
- Operate the Bath Wastewater Treatment Plant, including pumping stations, in a proper and effective manner and maintain records and information for filing reports as required by law and for the proper operation and maintenance of the facility.
If you need to speak with the Department concerning work or emergency requests please email email@example.com or call 207-443-8357 during regular business hours (M-F 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.) or county dispatch at 207-443-8201 for after hours service.