Permits & Applications

For your convenience, most of the following permits and applications are available as PDF documents to be downloaded and printed.

City Clerk

Business Licenses

Special Events Ordinance Applications

A permit is required to hold an event with an anticipated attendance of 100 people or more where the City is, or may become, involved. 

Vital Record Applications

The Vital Record Application below is used to request birth, marriage, and death records. 

Codes Enforcement

Codes Enforcement Permit Fees  NEW AS OF JULY 1,2022 

Handouts and Specifications

Appeals to the Zoning Board

Blasting Permits

Building Permits

Electrical Permits

Fill Permits

Flood Hazard Area Development Permits

Heating Permits

Home Occupation Permits

Plumbing Permits

Sidewalk Vendor Licenses

Sign permits

Chicken License

Parks and Recreation

Park Use Applications


Land Use and Planning Applications


Street/Sidewalk Closure Application

Concealed Weapons Permit

Good Morning Program Application

Mooring Permit Application

South End Resident Parking Permit Application

Taxi Driver License Application

For additional Police Department Forms, please Click Here.

Public Works

Landfill Permits

Street Opening Permits

  • A street opening permit from the Public Works Department is required to excavate in a public right of way. Please call the Public Works Department at 207-443-8357 to obtain a copy of this permit.