Planning & Development
The Planning & Development Department is responsible for the administration of all planning, development and environmental activities in the City.
The department is divided into three offices:
- City Planning Office
- Coordinate planning functions for the City
- Serve as staff to the Planning Board and help property owners and developers navigate the Planning Board review process
- Organize, direct and coordinate the gathering and analysis of social, economic and engineering data necessary or useful in the conduct of planning and developmental activities
- Community and Economic Development Office
- Coordinate community and economic development functions for the City
- Coordinate Federal, State and local grants intended to address specific needs and opportunities within the City, such as CDBG grants.
- Support local businesses and developers through a variety of assistance and incentive programs.
- Sustainability & Environment Office
- Coordinate and administer the City’s response to climate change and sea level rise
- Coordinate and administer efforts to preserve natural resources within the City
Planning & Development News