Planning & Development
The Planning & Development Department is responsible for the administration of all planning, development and environmental activities in the City.
The department is divided into three offices:
City Planning Office
Coordinate planning functions for the City
Serve as staff to the Planning Board and help property owners and developers navigate the Planning Board review process
Organize, direct and coordinate the gathering and analysis of social, economic and engineering data necessary or useful in the conduct of planning and developmental activities
Community and Economic Development Office
- Coordinate community and economic development functions for the City
- Coordinate Federal, State and local grants intended to address specific needs and opportunities within the City, such as CDBG grants.
- Support local businesses and developers through a variety of assistance and incentive programs.
Sustainability & Environment Office
- Coordinate and administer the City’s response to climate change and sea level rise
- Coordinate and administer efforts to preserve natural resources within the City
Planning & Development News